Most of us will make use of a storage rental facility at some point in our lives, whether we are between homes or in need of a little extra living space. When it comes time to decide on a storage unit to rent, a big concern is the amount of security at a facility. After all, this is the place that will house some of your most treasured possessions. It is natural to be concerned with the security of the property.
Most facilities provide a certain level of security including cameras, alarms, locking systems, gate security, and climate controlled units. While these security measures offer some protection, it is no guarantee that your belongings will be untouched by weather or rare misfortune. Unfortunately, even the most state of the art storage facilities cannot offer guaranteed protection from Mother Nature. Recently, apartment buildings under construction in downtown Los Angeles caught fire, engulfing the entire building and damaging buildings nearby. Whether it is a fire, earthquake, water damage or vermin, no storage facility is immune to loss. So it is vital for tenants to choose a facility with a mandatory protection program, like the one that Storage Direct offers their tenants. The protection plan program that Storage Direct offers is the StoreSafe Lease, which is a protection plan that runs concurrent with the lease of each storage unit. Unlike many insurance policies from other storage rental facilities, according to the StoreSafe Lease Addendum, StoreSafe facilities can assume limited responsibility for their tenants stored goods. StoreSafe allows tenants to store up to $10,000 worth of goods under their protection. So no matter what you store, the value of your property can be protected for your peace of mind. So rest easy you have a StoreSafe Lease, basically “a Better Lease”.
Advantages of Choosing the StoreSafe Program:
- Because the StoreSafe Lease is not an insurance policy, there is no deductible in the event of a loss. Just pay your monthly fee, and notify StoreSafe if the value of your belongings changes. Not doing so may result in a partial reimbursement.
- StoreSafe assumes responsibility for both residential and commercial goods, including cars, trucks and motorcycles stored in the unit.
- StoreSafe policies protect tenant belongings from theft, fire, smoke damage, explosion, earthquake and more!
- Every protection plan comes with $500 worth of pest protection, including protection in the case of vermin, moth or insect infestation.
- Every detail of the protection plan is outlined in the StoreSafe Lease Program addendum. You do not have to worry about filling out form after form.
- In the case of a loss, tenants can make a claim with their insurance company or file a claim directly with StoreSafe’s Storage Protection Services.
Thanks to the StoreSafe Lease, Storage Direct can offer their tenants affordable, worry free units for rent. For more information on the StoreSafe Lease please visit http://www.storesafelease.com/.