Most of us will make use of a storage rental facility at some point in our lives, whether we are between homes or in need of a little extra living space. When it comes time to decide on a storage unit to rent, a big concern is the amount of security found at the facility. After all, this is the place that will house your stuff. You wouldn't be putting it in secure storage if you didn't care about it.
Most facilities provide a certain level of security including cameras, alarms, locking systems, gate security, and climate controlled units. While these security measures offer some protection, it is no guarantee that your belongings will be untouched by weather or rare misfortune.
Unfortunately, even the most state of the art storage facilities cannot offer guaranteed protection from Mother Nature. That's where StoreSafe comes in. The StoreSafe Lease from Storage Direct offers protection beyond average, run of the mill security.
Why is protection from the elements important?
Recently, apartment buildings under construction in downtown Los Angeles caught fire, engulfing the entire building and damaging buildings nearby. Whether it is a fire, earthquake, water damage or vermin, no storage facility is immune to loss. So it is vital for tenants to choose a facility with a mandatory protection program.
What does a mandatory protection program offer?
The protection plan program that Storage Direct offers is the StoreSafe Lease, which is a protection plan that runs concurrent with the lease of each storage unit. Unlike many insurance policies from other storage rental facilities, according to the StoreSafe Lease Addendum, StoreSafe facilities can assume limited responsibility for their tenants stored goods. StoreSafe allows tenants to store up to $10,000 worth of goods under their protection. So no matter what you store, the value of your property can be protected for your peace of mind.
What are additional benefits of a program like StoreSafe?
- Because the StoreSafe Lease is not an insurance policy, there is no deductible in the event of a loss. Just pay your monthly fee, and notify StoreSafe if the value of your belongings changes. Not doing so may result in a partial reimbursement.
- StoreSafe assumes responsibility for both residential and commercial goods, including cars, trucks and motorcycles stored in the unit.
- StoreSafe policies protect tenant belongings from theft, fire, smoke damage, explosion, earthquake and more!
- Every protection plan comes with $500 worth of pest protection, including protection in the case of vermin, moth or insect infestation.
- Every detail of the protection plan is outlined in the StoreSafe Lease Program addendum. You do not have to worry about filling out form after form.
- In the case of a loss, tenants can make a claim with their insurance company or file a claim directly with StoreSafe’s Storage Protection Services.
How can I learn more?
Easily! All you have to do is get in touch with the team at Storage Direct and StoreSafe. Thanks to the StoreSafe Lease, Storage Direct can offer their tenants affordable, worry free units for rent. For more information on the StoreSafe Lease please visit http://www.storesafelease.com/.